I've been riding...somewhat. I can admit I've lost my drive. I've lost my motivation for the sport I credit with getting me though veterinary school with my sanity. I've lost my drive for blogging about the sport and my journey (and struggles through it). I continue to log miles, but admittedly, they feel empty and space-consuming. My heart isn't in it.
I wish I could tell the few readers who bother to check my blog what it's all about. But it's such an extremely personal journey I'm not ready to share it yet, if at all. I can tell you all I've been struggling with life roles and decisions and life in general. Endurance (and horses) haven't been my sanctuary lately, as they have been in the past.
My job is wonderful and I'm learning about my role as an adult and as an associate in a very competitive, very trying profession. I love most every minute of it. Mostly. I feel fortunate to have a career and a love all wrapped in one. Mostly.
Most of all, I desire a change in roles (not career) that has not come easily, and has come with a lot of heartache and desire and re-assessing that has put Jasper and Ony on the side-burner for the time being, while I figure out what all this means.
I hope the few of you stick around to see what it's all about.
8 comments:
I'm sticking with you girlfriend. Life will sort itself out. We grow, we change, we aspire to different things, and sometimes in between we get a little lost, but we find our way back out again.
Hugs to the furbies. ~ E.G.
I will stick with you... I agree with Endurance Granny and it is true we find our way again. You are always growing and learning and sometimes taking a step back is a good thing. Take your time and enjoy what is going on with your life right now. Take Care..
Thank you. That means more to me than you know. I'll put a real post up soon... promise.
P.S. Brian looks awesome!
Just (((hugs))) You still have my follow. ~ Tamara
I'm still here!!!!!!! And I'll continue to read as much or as little as you post. :)
Nope, you suck. Plain and simple.
Your best riding buddy, A
Elly Bells! You sound so sad. I miss you. I hope that you are OK, and I wish that I could see you guys more often. Please, if you ever ever need anyone to talk to, call me. No judgement whatsoever! Endurance as a sport and whole doesn't have to be your one obsession in order for you to be normal or fit in. I have a hard time with that too because I have so many interests. The only thing that I know for my own personal sanity is that, no matter what, the horses are there. Whatever I want to do with them, they are there for me. They are there for you too. And so am I. SO keep plugging along, and it will all fall into place.
Come back. Are you there, somewhere?
COVID-19 Days have me blogging blogging blogging like I haven't done in 10 years or so.
So how did it turn out for you? riding ? Training ? Change your profession ?
None of my business, but
most of my own followers no no longer blog, no longer follow
and it's lonely out here
Post a Comment